Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Therapy in Portland Oregon
Improving the Quality of Life for Both Men and Women in the Greater Portland Area
Andropause in men and menopause in women are the most common causes of hormone imbalance disorders. Aging, stress, poor nutrition, lack of exercise, and some health conditions can cause an imbalance of the body’s primary hormones as well. While all people experience hormone decline as they get older, not everyone develops an imbalance. Those who do may first notice symptoms in their 40s or 50s if not earlier.
Common Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance:
- Persistent fatigue
- Intense heat sensations and sweating more than usual
- Weight gain and greater difficulty losing weight
- Higher percentage of body fat, particularly around the abdomen
- Decreased sex drive
- Lack of focus and concentration
- Insomnia or sleep apnea
- Mood swings
Additionally, a testosterone imbalance in men can cause problems such as low sperm count, erectile dysfunction, and premature ejaculation. Women whose estrogen and progesterone levels are out of balance may experience menstrual irregularities, ovarian cysts or fibroids, endometriosis, infertility, and repeated miscarriage. One of the major benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Portland Oregon is the ability to reduce or eliminate these problems with a customized approach.
Understanding Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
If you have never heard of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, you’re not alone. Most men and women in Greater Portland are not aware that this holistic alternative exists. The major different between treatment with bioidentical hormones and synthetic hormones is that the first type come from plants with a nearly identical cellular and molecular structure to the human body. Typical hormone replacement therapy involves taking an artificially created prescription drug for an indefinite time. With Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, your doctor administers a compound of natural hormones customized to treat your specific symptoms.
Benefits You Can Expect from Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Your Bioidentical Hormone Specialist must provide medical clearance before you can officially start the program. This is to ensure that another health condition besides hormone imbalance isn’t causing your symptoms. Once you get the go-ahead to begin, you should start noticing improvements within several weeks to months. Just as each patient’s symptoms are different, the amount of time it takes to achieve therapeutic benefit is also different. Here are some of the changes you have to look forward to:
- Increased Energy and Positive Outlook on Life
- Persistent fatigue is a common effect of hormone imbalance, but the cause can be difficult to isolate. Portland Bioidentical Hormone Doctors take the time to determine exactly which hormones are deficient so they can replace them appropriately. Feeling well rested helps you enjoy all aspects of your life more.
- No More Emotional Outbursts
- Hormonal imbalance can cause you to cry for no reason, snap at people you love, and feel nervous about things outside of your control. Balancing the hormones has a positive impact on brain chemicals, which in turn stabilizes mood so you no longer feel at the mercy of your emotions.
- Improved Sex Life
- An imbalance of testosterone, estrogen, and progesterone can put a damper on a previously satisfying intimate relationship. Either you don’t feel in the mood or you can’t follow through even when the desire is there. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy restores these hormones to healthy levels so sex can be an important part of your life again.
- Improved Ability to Lose Weight
- An underactive thyroid gland is one of the chief culprits in causing men and women to gain weight when they haven’t changed their diet or exercise habits. Balancing the thyroid helps to speed up metabolism, which makes it much easier to shed those unwanted pounds. You will also notice less accumulation of fat on your arms, face, neck, and abdominal area.
- Greater Bone and Muscle Strength
- Osteoporosis is a real risk of having unbalanced hormones, which increases the risk of breaking a bone in an otherwise non-serious accident. Muscle atrophy is also common. Balancing the body’s deficient hormones helps to improve both of these conditions.
These are just some of the many benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Portland Oregon. Call a provider today to learn more or to schedule your first appointment.
Locate Qualified Portland Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Doctors by City